Project Manager (Prince2)
I am a London based professionally qualified project manager specialising in the cultural industries sector. I have particular expertise in organising exhibitions (contemporary design, applied arts and architecture), events and conferences. Since graduating as an industrial designer in the early 1990s I have acquired a wealth of experience and knowledge developing a wide range of projects for the private and public sector. After acquiring an MA in Design Leadership from Middlesex University in 1996, I spent some years in Peru working as an Arts Officer for the British Council and later as a Corporate Affairs manager for Unilever in Lima.
I moved to London in 2000 and have since worked for prestigious organisations including Design Council, British Council and Crafts Council. In 2006 I began my own business providing project management support in the areas of exhibitions, museum development, events and conferences. My clients include the British Museum, British Council, Design Museum, Kingston College, and The National Trust.
I have developed projects throughout the UK and worldwide including Austria, Bolivia, China, Germany, Kenya, Peru, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, and UAE.
In 2011 I began a business venture together with successful contemporary Peruvian design retail outlet and interior design agency ALGO to develop an entirely new market for contemporary British design in Peru. As a result ALGO is now a Tom Dixon ® dealer in Peru and delivers integral interior design projects for the restaurant, hotel and residential sector in Peru.
Aravec Clarke | Project Management provides the following services:
- Project management support for exhibitions, events and conferences worldwide.
- Budget management in line with strict procurement procedures.
- Leading multidisciplinary teams locally and worldwide.
- Experience assembling contracted project teams according to programme requirements.
- Adapting to changing organisational cultures and sensitivity to working within diverse cultural environments.
- Prince2 Project Management Practitioner certification.
- MA Design Leadership (Middlesex University, London, UK).
- BA Industrial Design (Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Lima, Peru).
- Bilingual English-Spanish speaker.