Magna Carta 800th Anniversary 2015 Celebrations
Magna Carta Project Coordinator
British Library, London
As the Magna Carta Project Coordinator I was responsible for the delivery of events and activities associated with the planning and execution of the 2015 Magna Carta anniversary programme at the British Library, a major cultural heritage programme focused on an international historical exhibition. My role was to—over a four month period—establish the foundations of the project (Project Initiation Document), within a Prince2 environment and coordinate the programme with a number of internal and external stakeholders, within agreed parameters of timescale, cost and quality. This also required working closely with members of the Library’s project board, programme contributors and senior leaders to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the project.
Project management provision consisted of the following:
- Project Initiation Document
- Programme planning and monitoring
- Internal team co-ordination
- Gantt chart preparation and timeline monitoring
- Progress reports for the Project Board
- Managing activities associated with the delivery of the exhibition programme and associated programmes
- Consulting and communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate work on the project
- Taking responsibility for, and leading on ensuring the planning, documentation and successful execution of the project through effective communication, reporting, risk-management and project management
- Managing activities associated with the delivery of a series of unification events in the build up to the exhibition.
British Library Magna Carta Programme www.bl.uk/magna-carta
Magna Carta 800th magnacarta800th.com/