Internationalising Higher Education Programme
INTERNATIONAL VISIT PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
UK Study Tour from Palestinian Territories
5–11 February 2012
The purpose of the visit was to enable delegates to gain first hand insights into developing successful approaches to building research capacity; To introduce delegates more generally to the culture of university-industry relationships in the UK with the aim of enhancing their understanding of how best to work collaboratively with UK universities; To facilitate a broader understanding of the relationship between research funding, research and knowledge transfer and how these link to government policy and practice; and To explore opportunities for longer term strategic partnerships between universities in Palestinian Territories and the UK.
The study tour consisted of a group of ten participants, including university Vice-chancellors and senior business executives headed by the Palestinian Territories Minister of Education and Higher Education.
Programme management provision consisted of the following:
- Visit programme management in line with the British Council's overseas office project brief.
- Liaising with the UK organisations and institutions that form part of the visit.
- Arranging international travel, hotel, and local transportation logistics.
- Meet and Greet, tours and entertainment preparations.
- Troubleshooting and final report submission.