Medical Colleges Programme
INTERNATIONAL VISIT PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
UK Study Tour from Saudi Arabia
23–27 January 2012
The purpose of the visit was to provide higher education medical college representatives from Saudi Arabia with an insight into the UK higher education system, particularly in areas of quality assurance, faculty and staff professional development, higher education strategic planning and leadership models and internationalisation; To provide the delegates with an opportunity to meet directly with representatives from the UK higher education sector; To explore opportunities for the Saudi delegates’ relationship building with UK colleagues and collaboration at departmental and institutional level and how to incorporate the knowledge gained during the visit in their own work and therefore support Saudi national priorities in accreditation, quality assurance, professional development and joint research projects.
The study tour consisted of a group of 18 participants representing 13 Saudi medical colleges made up of Vice Chancellors and headed by executives from the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment, Saudi Arabia (NCAAA).
Programme management provision consisted of the following:
- Visit programme management in line with the British Council's overseas office project brief.
- Liaising with the UK organisations and institutions that form part of the visit.
- Arranging international travel, hotel, and local transportation logistics.
- Meet and Greet, tours and entertainment preparations.
- Troubleshooting and final report submission.