Leadership in Education Programme
INTERNATIONAL VISIT PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
UK Study Tour from Vietnam
12–17 March 2012
The purpose of the visit was to provide participants with an introduction and insight to the school system and recent school reforms in England; To understand the strategic roles of local authorities and their relationship with schools, and how local authority govern the operation of schools and at the same time encourage school autonomy; To learn about UK good practices, challenges and achievements in positioning school heads and teachers at the heart of school improvement; To learn from successful case study experiences in developing international dimensions at school; and To provide the delegates with an opportunity to meet directly with representatives from the UK schools sector.
The study tour consisted of executives from the Ministry of Education & Training, and the local education authority at Department of Education and Training in Hanoi and accompanied by headteachers from various secondary schools located in the Hanoi district.
Programme management provision consisted of the following:
- Visit programme management in line with the British Council's overseas office project brief.
- Liaising with the UK organisations and institutions that form part of the visit.
- Arranging international travel, hotel, and local transportation logistics.
- Meet and Greet, tours and entertainment preparations.
- Troubleshooting and final report submission.